Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A photographic tour of Villa 42

Hello world! Daylight brought about the most incredible scene that words cannot describe. Therefore, I've used pictures! Although I'm guessing that the pictures will also not quite capture the sheer beauty of this place. Please enjoy :-)


This is 'Chokdee' the Chingchok (a gecko for you non-Thai speakers). This is a gift from the lovely Laurie so I hope to have him appear throughout the blog in the most amazing places. Good start I think!



This is our villa entrance and our transport. If you look at the pedals, they're covered in cloth. That's because no one wears shoes or flip flops here. It is a no shoe resort so I am barefoot for the next 2 weeks. Love it!



The lighting is difficult here but what you are looking at is a Perspex floor so whilst having the morning sit, you can enjoy the fish! The view from the loo!!!



Again, difficult to make out, but the enclosed bit is the shower. Surrounding it is a drop of about 3m into the water.



This is our dining table. What more is there to say?!



Our sun loungers with a view of the nearest bit of land :)



This is where I intend to be reading and then snoozing in about the next 5 minutes...

For the facts part of the blog, I'm going native today as I found out a few things about the place. The highest point (not man-made) in the Maldives is 2.4 metres above sea level! Also, yesterday we crossed the longest road in the Maldives, a staggering 17.5 kilometres... And finally, there are about 1192 islands in this archipelago, of which less than 200 are habited. Great hey?!

Cheers from myself, Amanda and Chokdee,

Dave Canavan MSc
www.thechingchokhunter.com

Location:Bodu Magu,Hithadhoo,Maldives

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe the toilet! You don't see last night's dinner floating past do you?

    ReplyDelete